For the Certificate in Theology, Ministry and Mission:
- At least one A level or equivalent
- Appropriate access level awards include the College’s EMD course
For the Diploma in Theology, Ministry and Mission:
- At least two A levels or equivalent
For the BA in Theology, Ministry and Mission:
- At least three A levels or equivalent
For the MA in Theology, Ministry and Mission:
- An upper second class Honours degree or equivalent in a subject relevant to the proposed course of study
- Normally students will need a good degree (or other Level 6 qualification, such as a Graduate Diploma) in theology
For all courses:
- Motivation and preparation for study
- Three references – one academic, one church, and one other
- Other formal qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Relevant work and life experience will also be considered
- A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service report (in the case of students applying for a ministerial or children, youth and family pathway)
- Appropriate relevant experience (in the case of students applying for a children, youth and family pathway)
- A face to face interview will normally be required
Credit Transfer and Accreditation of prior learning or experience:
If you have already achieved a qualification such as a CertHE or foundation degree, or have gained credit at another higher education institution, you may be eligible for credit transfer or accreditation of prior learning. We will need to be assured that you have met the learning outcomes of the modules from which you wish to be exempted. For more information please consult our Accreditation of Prior Learning page.
- Evidence that you have sufficient money to pay for your tuition fees and your accommodation and living expenses.
- Evidence that you have a close relationship with a UK Baptist Church. The church will need to provide a letter of commendation stating how long they have known you and in what capacity, how they will support you whilst you are in the UK, and whether they believe you will be able to successfully complete your course of study.
- Three references, printed on headed paper and signed by hand – one must be from an academic institution, one from your church minister, and one from a UK church, as stated above.
- For the Certificate, Diploma and BA: If you are from a country other than those listed as exempt on the government’s website, you will need an IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking), or an equivalent English language qualification
- For the MA: If you are from a country other than those listed as exempt on the government’s website, you will need an IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum score of 6.5 in each component (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking), or an equivalent English language qualification